LORAIN CIVIL SERVICE JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The Lorain Civil Service Commission accepts job applications for classified positions in the City of Lorain, as well as certain classified positions in the Lorain City School District and the Lorain City Health Department.
Beginning in November 2012 ONLINE applications are available. Applications must be submitted for a specific job that is posted on this website within the required time frame listed in the job announcement. If you wish to make application for more than one position you must fill out a separate application for each job and indicate the title of job on the application. As required by the job description, a copy of the applicant’s valid Ohio Driver’s license must be submitted with the application. A faxed application will not be accepted.
1) Fill out and print the completed online Job Application. Sign where indicated.
2) Fill out and print the completed online City of Lorain Applicant Record Check form
3) Make a legible copy of your valid Ohio Driver’s license if required by job announcement
or photo ID.
· Application completed and signed.
· City of Lorain Applicant Record Check form completed and signed.
· Copy of valid Ohio Driver’s license if required or photo ID
· Additional documentation required on examination announcement (i.e. resume, college transcripts, DD214 form that shows type of Discharge)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AND TIME STAMPED BY DEADLINE LISTED IN SPECIFIC JOB ANNOUNCEMENT OR THEY WILL BE REJECTED.
MAIL APPLICATION OR RETURN IN PERSON TO:
LORAIN CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
7th floor- Lorain City Hall
200 West Erie Avenue
Lorain, Ohio 44052
YOU MAY SUBMIT VIA EMAIL to Rosemary White